Terms & Conditions
- Unless otherwise inconsistent with the context the word “person” shall also mean corporation;
- “Goods” shall include services.
- Words importing the singular number shall be deemed to include the plural and vice versa. Words importing the
male gender shall be deemed to include the female and neuter gender and vice versa.
- “Hospitality Equipment 2020” shall mean Hospitality Equipment 2020 Pty Ltd its successors and assigns.
II. OFFER ACCEPTANCE, AND CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
- Any quotation made by Hospitality Equipment 2020 is not an offer to sell or to provide goods. Hospitality
Equipment 2020 shall not be bound by any order given in pursuance of any quotation until it is accepted in writing
by Hospitality Equipment 2020 or by the commencement of supply or the provision of goods. Unless otherwise agreed
in writing, all orders are subject to acceptance by Hospitality Equipment 2020 within 30 days of receipt by
Hospitality Equipment 2020 of the order. These terms and conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated into any
agreement between Hospitality Equipment 2020 and the purchaser. Any terms and conditions contained in any order,
offer, acceptance or other document of the purchaser and all representations, statements, terms and conditions and
warranties (whether implied by statute or otherwise) not embodied herein are expressly excluded to the fullest
extent permitted by law.
- Cancellation of orders shall only be valid if accepted by Hospitality Equipment 2020 in writing.
- Where the cancellation of an order has been accepted by Hospitality Equipment 2020 then Hospitality Equipment
2020 may charge a cancellation fee of 20% of the list price value or where there the goods are special products
(not on the price list) then a cancellation fee equivalent to any costs and charges incurred by Hospitality
Equipment 2020 in the production or supply of the goods (this fee shall not be less than 20% of the price of the
- Insofar as goods or services supplied by Hospitality Equipment 2020 are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for
personal domestic or household consumption, and unless the purchaser establishes that reliance on this provision
would not be fair and reasonable, the liability for breach of a condition or warranty; implied into this contract
by the Trade Practices Act 1974 (other than a condition implied by Section 69) is limited:
- in the case of goods to any one of the following as determined by ;
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired;
- in the case of services to any one of the following as determined by ;
- the supplying of the services again, or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Any date quoted for delivery is an estimate only unless a guarantee shall have been given by Hospitality
Equipment 2020 in writing. The purchaser shall accept and pay for goods if and when tendered notwithstanding any
failure by Hospitality Equipment 2020 to deliver by the quoted date. Written advice to the purchaser that goods
are ready for delivery whether in whole or in part shall constitute tendering and the terms of payment shall
- Hospitality Equipment 2020 shall not be liable to any purchaser or any other party for any loss or damage
including direct or indirect or consequential injury loss or damage whatsoever by reason of any delay in delivery
whether the same is due to the negligence of Hospitality Equipment 2020 or any other party, actions constituting
fundamental breach of contract, strike or any other industrial action, or any other cause whatsoever.
- Hospitality Equipment 2020 reserves the right to deliver by installments and if delivery is made by installments
the purchaser shall not be entitled to terminate or cancel the contract.
- Any quotation containing a provision to supply goods “ex stock” is subject to fulfillment of prior orders at the
date of receipt of the purchaser’s order.
- All goods are sold under FOB or FOR basis. Freight costs are not included in any prices contained in any price
list or quote. Should the purchaser not provide instructions at the time of sale as to the carrier to use then
Hospitality Equipment 2020 may engage a carrier of its own choosing and the purchaser shall reimburse Hospitality
Equipment 2020 the cost of the carrier.
IV. PRICES AND PAYMENT
- Prices contained in any price list are subject to change without notice.
- Goods will be invoiced at the list price as of the date of dispatch unless otherwise agreed.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment terms are COD or where a credit account is open net cash 30 days from
the date of the invoice.
- Where payment is made by credit card Hospitality Equipment 2020 may charge an additional fee of 1.5 to 4% of the
total value of the invoice.
- These terms as to the payment shall be of the essence of the contract.
- Notwithstanding the delivery of the goods or part thereof the goods remain the sole and absolute property of
Hospitality Equipment 2020 as full legal and equitable owner until such time as the purchaser shall have paid
Hospitality Equipment 2020 the full purchase price together with the full price of any other goods the subject of
any other contract with Hospitality Equipment 2020.
- The purchaser acknowledges that he receives possession of and holds goods delivered by Hospitality Equipment
2020 solely as bailee for Hospitality Equipment 2020 until such time as the full price thereof is paid to
Hospitality Equipment 2020 together with the full price of any other goods then the subject of any other contract
with Hospitality Equipment 2020.
- Until such time as the purchaser becomes the owner of the goods, he will;
- Store them on the premises separately;
- Ensure that the goods are kept in good and serviceable condition;
- Secure the goods from risk, damage and theft; and
- Keep the goods fully insured against such risks that are usual or common to insure against in a business of a
similar nature to that of the purchaser.
- Until the goods are paid for in full, Hospitality Equipment 2020 authorises the purchaser to sell the goods as
its agent. However, the purchaser shall not represent to any third parties that it is acting in any way for
Hospitality Equipment 2020. Hospitality Equipment 2020 will not be bound by any contracts with third parties to
which the purchaser is a party.
- Records shall be kept by the purchaser of any goods owned by Hospitality Equipment 2020.
- The proceeds of any sale of the goods shall be paid into a separate account and held in trust for Hospitality
Equipment 2020. The purchaser shall account to Hospitality Equipment 2020 from this fund for the full price of
- The purchaser is entitled to a period of credit, but if prior to the expiration of the period of credit the
goods are sold and the proceeds of sale received the purchaser shall account forthwith to Hospitality Equipment
2020 for the price of the goods.
- Should the purchaser die, stop payment or call a meeting of its creditors or become insolvent or subject to
the bankruptcy laws or being a company calls a meeting for the purpose of or to go into liquidation or has a
winding-up petition presented against it or has a receiver or administrator appointed, Hospitality Equipment
2020 may at its option notwithstanding its waiver of such default or failure and without prejudice to its other
rights under this contract suspend or cancel this contract or require payment in cash before or on delivery or
tender of goods or documents notwithstanding terms of payment previously specified or may repossess and take
over the goods and dispose of the same in its own interest without prejudice to any claim it may have for
damages for any loss resulting from such resale.
- In the event that the purchaser uses the goods/product in some manufacturing or construction process of its own
or some third party, then the purchaser shall hold such part of the proceeds of such manufacturing or construction
process as relates to the goods/product in trust for Hospitality Equipment 2020. Such part shall be deemed to
equal in dollar terms to the amount owing by the purchaser to Hospitality Equipment 2020 at the time of the
receipt of such proceeds.
- If the purchaser does not pay for any goods on the due date then Hospitality Equipment 2020 is hereby
irrevocably authorised by the purchaser to enter the purchaser’s premises or any premises under the control of the
purchaser as agent of the purchaser and use reasonable force to take possession of the goods without liability for
the tort of trespass, negligence or payment of any compensation to the purchaser whatsoever.
- On retaking possession of the goods Hospitality Equipment 2020 may elect to refund to the purchaser any part
payment that may have been made and to credit the purchaser’s account with the value of the goods less any charge
for recovery of the goods, or to resell the goods.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser at the time when the goods have
been placed on the vehicle which is to effect delivery from Hospitality Equipment 2020’s store or warehouse or
delivery to the purchaser whichever is the sooner. The goods shall remain at the purchaser’s risk at all times
unless and until Hospitality Equipment 2020 retakes possession of the goods pursuant to these terms and condition.
VII. CLAIMS AND WARRANTY
- Subject to clause 2.3 herein and the balance of this clause, Hospitality Equipment 2020 shall not be liable for
any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising whether direct indirect or consequential or in respect of any
claim whenever and however made for any loss or damage deterioration deficiency or other fault or harm in the
goods manufactured, work executed or services provided by or on behalf of or in any arrangement with Hospitality
Equipment 2020 or occasioned to the purchaser or any third or other party or to his or their property or interest
and whether or not due to the negligence of Hospitality Equipment 2020 its servants or agents.
- As soon as any of the facts or matters which form any part of any claim or complaint whatsoever become known to
the purchaser, the purchaser shall within fourteen days notify Hospitality Equipment 2020 in writing of the same.
- Hospitality Equipment 2020 shall not be liable in any circumstances for any;
- Defects or damages caused in while or in part by misuse, abuse, neglect, electrical or other overload,
nonsuit able lubricant, improper installation repair or alteration (other than by ) or accident.
- Any transport freight charges installation removal labor or other costs;
- Defects in goods not manufactured by it but will endeavor to pass on to the purchaser the benefit of any
claim made by Hospitality Equipment 2020 and accepted by the manufacturer of such goods under a warranty given
by the manufacturer of such goods provided that nothing contained in this subparagraph shall limit the rights
of the purchaser to proceed against Hospitality Equipment 2020 pursuant to the Trade Practices Act 1974.
- Technical advice or assistance given or rendered by it to the purchaser or not in connection with the
manufacture construction or supply of goods for or to the purchaser provided always that Hospitality Equipment
2020 has rendered such services with due care and skill and that any material supplied in connection with
those services are reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied.
- The exemptions, limitations, terms and conditions in these terms and conditions shall apply whether or not the
loss or damage is caused by negligence or actions constituting fundamental breach of contract
- Hospitality Equipment 2020 warrants that the goods are free from defects in parts for 12 months and defects in
workmanship for a period of 3 months from the date of delivery subject to the following;
- The repairs are carried out by approved and qualified personnel and in accordance with Hospitality
Equipment 2020’s instructions, except for microwave ovens or any other portable items in which case any
repairs must be carried out in Hospitality Equipment 2020’s workshop or by its agent in the agent’s
- All parts not covered by this warranty are to be paid COD unless otherwise agreed or credit has been
XIII. FORCE MAJEURE
If by reason of any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond the reasonable control of Hospitality Equipment
2020, Hospitality Equipment 2020 is unable to perform in whole or in part any obligation under this agreement,
Hospitality Equipment 2020 shall be relieved of that obligation under this agreement to the extent and for the
period that it is so unable to perform and shall not be liable to the purchaser in respect of such inability.
- Hospitality Equipment 2020 may at its discretion withhold further supplies of goods or cancel this agreement, or
vary the terms of this agreement without prejudice to its rights hereunder PROVIDED HOWEVER that Hospitality
Equipment 2020 may at any time and from time to time upon such terms as it may determine waive any of its rights
under this Clause, but without prejudice to its rights thereafter of any of the events hereinbefore referred to or
upon the continuation after any such waiver of any state of affairs the subject of such waiver.
- The purchaser shall pay to Hospitality Equipment 2020 interest at the rate of 1.5% per month on daily balances
in respect of any amounts as may from time to time be overdue until paid and such money together with all interest
shall be recoverable forthwith from the purchaser.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy the purchaser shall indemnify Hospitality Equipment 2020 against
any costs’ fees charges and disbursements charged by any solicitor engaged for the purpose of the collection or
recovery of moneys due and payable by the purchaser to Hospitality Equipment 2020 on an indemnity basis and any
fees, charges, disbursements or commissions charged by any mercantile agency or debt collecting firm.
- The purchaser shall pay to Hospitality Equipment 2020 an administration fee of $50.00 on the occurrence of every
event of default.
The Purchaser hereby charges with payment of any indebtedness to Hospitality Equipment 2020 all beneficial interest
(freehold and leasehold) in land and personal property held now or in the future by the Purchaser. The Purchaser
agrees that if demand is made by Hospitality Equipment 2020, the Purchaser receiving such a demand will immediately
execute a mortgage or other instrument of security, or consent to a caveat, as required, and against the event that
the Purchaser fails to do so within 7 days of being so requested, the Purchaser hereby irrevocably and by way of
security, appoints any credit manager or solicitor engaged by Hospitality Equipment 2020 to be its true and lawful
attorney to execute and register such instruments. Notwithstanding any other provision in this clause and in
addition thereto Hospitality Equipment 2020 may lodge a caveat noting the interest given by this charge on the title
of any property of the Purchaser whenever it so wishes.
The Purchaser must pay to Hospitality Equipment 2020 any amount which is payable by Hospitality Equipment 2020 in
respect of any supply to the Purchaser on account of GST. Each charge or fee for a supply rendered by Hospitality
Equipment 2020 does not include an amount to cover the liability of Hospitality Equipment 2020 for GST on any
supplies made under this agreement which are taxable supplies within the meaning of the GST Act. In relation to
taxable supplies made under this agreement Hospitality Equipment 2020 agrees to issue the Purchaser with a tax
invoice in accordance with the GST Act or a document satisfying the minimum information requirement set out in
GSTR 2000/2003 to entitle a recipient of a taxable supply to claim an input tax credit without holding a tax
invoice. “GST” means GST as defined in a New Tax System (Good and Services Tax Act 1999). “Supply” means supply as
defined in a New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax Act 1999).
- This clause applies if the Purchaser is a trustee and whether or not Hospitality Equipment 2020 has notice of
- Where the Purchaser comprises two or more persons and any of those persons is a Trustee this clause applies to
- The Purchaser agrees that even though the Purchaser enters into this Agreement as Trustee of the Trust, the
Purchaser also shall be liable personally for the performance and observance of every covenant to be observed and
performed by the Purchaser expressed or implied in this Agreement.
- The Purchaser warrants its complete, valid and unfettered power to enter into this Agreement pursuant to the
provisions of the Trust including power to obtain the credit facility from Hospitality Equipment 2020 and to enter
into the covenants to be observed and performed by them expressed or implied in this Agreement and warrants that
its entry into this Agreement is in the due administration of the Trust.
- The Purchaser covenants that the rights of indemnity which it may have against the property of the Trust have
not been, and in the future will not be, excluded, modified, released, lost or diminished (whether by agreement,
breach of trust or otherwise).
- The Purchaser shall not, without Hospitality Equipment 2020’s prior written consent:
- Resign or be removed as Trustee of the Trust or appoint or allow the appointment of a new or additional
Trustee of the Trust;
- Amend or revoke any of the terms of the Trust;
- Vest or distribute the property of the Trust or advance or distribute any capital of the Trust to a
beneficiary or resettle any of the property of the Trust;
- Permit a beneficiary to have the use, occupation, employment or possession of the property of the Trust;
- Do or permit or omit to do an act or thing in breach of the Trust or which would permit the Trustee to be
removed as Trustee of the Trust;
- Exercise or permit or allow to be exercised a power to change the vesting date of the Trust or provide for
an early determination of the Trust;
- Lend any money, give any guarantee or incur any debt other than in the ordinary course of business of the
Trust; or pay any of the income of the Trust to any beneficiary of the Trust if such payment will prejudice or
affect the Purchaser’s ability to Pay all monies due to.
The parties agree that service of any notices, demands, and proceedings summons suits or actions (process) upon the
Purchaser may be effected by Hospitality Equipment 2020 or its solicitors sending such process by prepaid post to
the address given in the Credit Application as the address of the Purchaser. Service shall be deemed to have been
effected two business days after the posting of the process.